Unitarian church: medieval fresco scenes covering 100 square meters, unique coffered ceiling, painted furniture, sanctuary dating from the Árpád Dynasty of medieval Hungary
Catholic church: Rococo ceiling, sculptures dated before the Reformation period, side altar from 1646, 18th-century altar!

 

 

 

 

 

szél

 

szél

 

 

szél

 

szél

szél

 

szél

 

 

szél

 

szél

szél

 

szél

 

English HU RO

 

szél

 

szél

futás Idegenforgalmi információk, Szállásfoglalás, Programok: Craciunel Tourist S. R. L.

csík

 

 

 

Foundation

 

Foundation

 

 

add to favourites | to start site

 

DESIGN AND PHP:Lehel Barabás

 

 

 

 

 

The data of the Foundation for Homoródkarácsonyfalva click here

The achievements of the Foundation

The restoration was launched with the cooperation of the Foundation for Homoródkarácsonyfalva in 2005.
The Unitarian church was built in the 13th century, and has been enlarged, repaired, decorated and reconstructed throughout history.
The aim of the renovation is that each work of artistic value of the monument church be restored to their original state. The frescoes of the northern wall of the church, including the outstanding scene of St. Ladislas’ Battle of Kerlés were restored.
The sanctuary is also covered with frescos representing the gallery of Apostles, according to the surveys, which, however, cannot be revealed for want of  consent of the Church.
The renovation of the painted coffered wooden ceiling, which was already removed and transferred, will have been completed in the summer of 2008. The restoration of the decorated furniture will hopefully, be finished also by this time. Several other minor processes of no less importance are planned, such as the reconstruction of the entrance,lintel, the prevention of the dampening of walls, the installation of electricity and an alarm system. We hope that by the summer of 2008 the entire Unitarian church will be restored.
The Catholic church of the village was built in the second half of the eighteenth century. The building and the furniture of the church is also beautiful. The rich Rococo stucco decoration of the ceiling of the sanctuary and the nave completed in 1785 requires restoration of historical awareness.
Masonry work needs to be done on the building. The drainage of the church roof has been restructured  recently in order that no potential dampening could hinder the further restoration work.
The main altar of the church was erected in the seventeenth century, and having been designed originally for another church, it was replaced in the present-day church later. The altar was painted over several times in low quality. The analysis carried out revealed that the underlying colour of the altar was black, and the wooden carvings are gilded, and are covered with silver and lustre.
The altar on the right side of the nave is considered as one of the most qualitative and earliest works of art of the 17th century Transylvanian altar architecture.
The restoration of the right side altar, which was retouched improperly several times, is unarguably justified, as much as that of the main altar. The circumstances/conditions of the replacement of the wooden sculptures of the bishop St. Nicholas and St. Augustine, which had been carved before the Reformation and were moved to Marosvásárhely from the local parish has to be provided. The sculptures of the saint bishops have already been renovated.
There are eight folk Baroque paintings from the Passion of Christ, the restoration of which is also reasonable. An increasing number of works of arts has been found in the outbuildings comprising the property of the Church which might win their well-deserved place in the church in the future.
The fact that a library being surveyed now functioned in the eighteenth century in the building of the parish has to be highlighted.
Considering the prospective visitors of the church, the electricity in the interior is required to be provided, so is the alarm system for the protection of the valuable works of art of the church.
The organ of the church is out of order now, the repair of which is of utmost importance for liturgical services.
The restoration of both churches together with that of the works of art will have been completed by the summer 2008 according to our plans. We would like to have all our monuments inaugurated on a ceremony held on the last weekend of  September 2008.
The Foundation provided further support for the development of the village. The introduction of Internet connection in the village was also facilitated by the Foundation, which provided ten computers for the benefit of the inhabitants of Homoródkarácsonyfalva.
Sheet music was offered for the brass band, as was holiday camping for the children of the village by the Foundation which designed and wishes to maintain the website of Homoródkarácsonyfalva.
The Foundation has supported the popularization and the tourism of the village.

The data of the Foundation for Homoródkarácsonyfalva click here

 

 

 

 

 

Zoltán Mátyás: Passion

 

Sights

 

St. Ladislas's legend

 

 

 

 

Unitarian church: medieval fresco scenes covering 100 square meters, unique coffered ceiling, painted furniture, sanctuary dating from the Árpád Dynasty of medieval Hungary
Catholic church: Rococo ceiling, sculptures dated before the Reformation period, side altar from 1646, 18th-century altar!